Cohen Ziffer Frenchman & McKenna is actively seeking the right talent to join our young and growing firm. We are interested in lawyers who reflect the values of our close-knit team, including a belief in our mission of representing insurance policyholders, a drive to perform superior work, an embrace of diversity, and an ability to respect—and enjoy—each other’s company while working hard.
Who We Seek
Beyond the above, the qualifications we look for are minimal if selective. Applicants should have:
- A license to practice in New York.
- Two to six+ years of litigation experience with a preference for:
- Extensive trial experience.
- Training at Am Law 100 firrms.
- Clerkship Experience.
- Strong academic backgrounds.
Exposure to insurance recovery disputes is preferred. A passion for trial work, a collaborative spirit, and a sense of humor are necessary.
What We Offer
The lawyers of Cohen Ziffer are honored to work on our clients’ most significant insurance-related disputes. Over our careers, we have recovered more than $10 billion for policyholders and established important precedent in our area of practice. Our associates join a firm that has earned dozens of professional honors since the firm’s launch in 2021, including:
- Law360 Insurance Practice Group of the Year
- New York Law Journal Insurance Litigation Department of the Year
- Chambers USA – Band 1, Insurance Litigation (NY)
Individually, our lawyers have been recognized as:
- Benchmark Litigation Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation National Insurance Stars
- Chambers USA Leading Insurance Litigators – Band 1, Nationwide
- Law360 MVPs
- Law360 Rising Stars
- Legal 500 Hall of Fame Members
- The National Law Journal Plaintiff’s Lawyers Trailblazers
- The National Law Journal Elite Boutique Trailblazers
- The American Lawyer Northeast Trailblazers
From their first day, new associates join us in working on cutting-edge insurance matters for Fortune 500 companies and other policyholders. We operate as a true meritocracy, with no barrier to associates gaining early and extensive trial experience beyond their own readiness.
Compensation & Benefits
Our compensation is highly competitive with, and in past years has exceeded, the prevailing scale at other top law firms in New York City. Our generous benefits include a discretionary bonus, life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
We strategize, litigate, and consult as a team. Lawyers compatible with our team dynamic will be able to take their work seriously without taking themselves too seriously.
Candidates for Cohen Ziffer should be highly comfortable at a firm with prominent women leaders, and eager to contribute to a professional environment that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
Candidates can apply via the form below.
For more information, contact Ann Marie Luckman, Director of Human Resources & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.584.1840.