Robin Cohen will be moderating a panel discussion at the fifth annual Benchmark Litigation Women in Litigation Forum in New York City on September 13, 2018. Robin’s panel, “Smashing the Glass Ceiling,” will discuss career advancement in a male-dominated environment, including specific issues faced by women litigators. Topics include:
- Qualities of great women litigators: oral arguments, presentation skills, strategic acumen, prepping of witnesses;
- Women litigators in the courtroom – diversity being required by judges and corporations;
- Dealing with unconscious bias in the workplace;
- Career paths – “stay or go”, lateral moves, alternative paths;
- Self-advocacy on career choices – negotiating best offer and comp packages; and
- How can women help each other to speed up the advance on equality?
The forum overall provides an inclusive event pertaining to the leadership skills needed in today’s in-house legal departments along with the latest updates on litigation, privacy/cyber/data, labor and employment, and other practice area skills that will assist in-house counsel as they provide that latest counsel to their business units.
For more information, or to register, please click here.